Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving


This Thanksgiving Day I give thanks to God for bringing me thus far. The last couple of months have been heartbreaking and my appreciation for life is greater. I thank Him for my cousin and my big brother. My generation is older and we have been shown that time is winding down. I wake each morning and literally thank Him for waking me up. Once I’m up I strive throughout my day to make a positive difference in someone’s life.

As I greet people in passing I smile and will stop to talk. I was talking to a lady the other day in Kentucky Fried Chicken. I didn’t go through the drive-thru for some reason. She was talking about how hungry she was and was on her way to work. She placed her order and searched for her money or debit card. She discovered she didn’t have either and couldn’t get her food. I told the cashier to add her order to mine because we could all be in that situation. She thanked me and said she was online paying some bills before she left home and left her debit. She is trying to get her credit together to buy a home. I told her I am a Realtor and she took my card and is preparing to buy a home.

Had I stayed in the drive-thru or not talked with her or not shown compassion I would not have been able to bless her and would have missed my blessing.

Thank you Lord for all You’ve done for me


No comments:

Post a Comment