Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Thankful for Each Day


When I was young and went to church I would listen to the Preacher, the Deacons and the songs with questions in my mind. I wondered why they would say:

Thank you Lord for waking me up this morning, allowing me to get clothed in my right mind and starting me on my way.

What did they mean by that? Now I know because every morning I wake up I thank Him for allowing me one more day of life in this world. I then get out of bed and can choose what to wear and put my clothes on with ease, and I might say, a little finesse. Then I get my day started as I walk, talk, sing and smile.

Now I know what the Preacher, the Deacons and the songs mean. You never know when things can change in your life where you can’t see or do for yourself so make each day count. Be thankful for each day and show love every day. 

Remember, He didn’t promise you sunshine each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment